If you are a runner walker or play sports that involve these. this is a very important stretching technique that will help you avoid injuries in the ankles and the knees.
- Place foam roller under mid-calf.
- Cross left leg over right leg to increase pressure. (optional)
- Draw abs in to active glutes.
- Slowly roll calf area to find the most tender spot.
- Once identified, hold tender spot until the discomfort is reduced by at least 75 percent.
- Progress to the next tender spot and hold again.
- Repeat on opposite leg.